Collaboration combines Parisian beauty with the latest cutting-edge Samsung devices and innovations
Samsung Electronics today announced the latest development in its ongoing partnership with streaming giant Netflix to announce the release of the second season of its hit show, Emilie in Paris, produced by MTV Entertainment Studios. The Emmy-nominated show, renowned for its 21st century of iconic Parisian style, has collaborated with Samsung to present world-class high-end technology to fans of the series.
In the first season, the beautiful setting and quintessentially Parisian characters gave viewers a glimpse into French style and culture and are some of the driving forces behind the series’ success. This feeling of escape was created and nurtured by worldwide distribution, including the emblematic character of Sylvie Grateau. Played by Samsung ambassador Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu, Sylvie is the boss of the main protagonist Emily and the marketing director of the luxury marketing agency Savoir. The character of Sylvie embodies a true elegant authority; excellent at her job, powerful, imposing and effortlessly chic, she has become one of the most recognized and beloved characters of the show’s first season. In the second season, to ensure that she remains in control of her personal and professional life, Sylvie chose the sleek and lively Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G to keep Emily and the rest of the agency on their toes.
But Sylvie isn’t the only one to benefit from the style and glamor of the Galaxy Z Flip 5G. To kick off the second season, Samsung and Netflix will bring iconic style and innovative technology to fans of Emilie in Paris through an integrated campaign; with offline ads, social and influencer content, and a TikTok filter that gives fans a new way to enjoy the show, through the lens of the iconic Galaxy Z Flip 5G. The filter will allow fans to “flip the script” and become the main character in their own animated poster of Emily in Paris. The stunning Galaxy Z Flip 5G will unfold in front of the user, placing them in front of the iconic Eiffel Tower. TikTok * users can try out the TikTok Flip the Script effect on the platform from the 28the of December.
Benjamin Braun, Samsung CMO for Europe, said: âAt Samsung, we are always at the forefront of creativity and innovation. We’re excited to partner with Netflix for the second season of one of their biggest shows, Emilie in Paris, and seeing Sylvie wielding the iconic Galaxy Z Flip 5G fits the personality of the device perfectly. We look forward to developing this partnership further and deeper in the future.
Samsung’s latest premium product line is designed to push the boundaries of innovation for fans of Emilie in Paris, showcasing brands’ ability to combine style with flagship innovation and craftsmanship. Some of the Samsung products include:
- The Galaxy Z Flip 5G: A premium and innovative foldable phone developed for trend setters and multitasking who want to easily switch between capturing the perfect selfie and sending a series of emails, or catching up with the latest episode on the go.
- The Galaxy3 watch: A fashionable and functional laptop that lets you keep track of all your wellness metrics in no time at all, turning your daily walk into a dazzling parade.
- The Serif: A one-of-a-kind television that blends iconic design and striking imagery to transform every show or movie into the ultimate viewing experience, as if you were walking through the MusÃ©e d’Orsay yourself.
- The Sero: The revolutionary Sero TV is a world first, allowing you to seamlessly switch between horizontal and vertical content so you can easily watch Netflix and mobile social content.
- The custom cube: A compact, multi-functional refrigerator solution that can easily be placed anywhere in the house, keeping everything from wine to cosmetics fresher for longer.
- The custom-made fridge-freezer: The iconic modular refrigerator solution that allows you to welcome customization and innovative technology into your home.
Emilie in Paris season 2 will be available on Netflix on the 22ndsd of December.
* The TikTok filter will be available in UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain from December 28e ’21 to 26 February ’22.
About Netflix, Inc.
Netflix is ââthe world’s leading streaming entertainment service with more than 209 million paid subscriptions in more than 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films in a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume viewing, all without ads or commitment.